Located in the central New Jersey town of Cedar Knolls, Surgical Center at Cedar Knolls, LLC was built and commissioned in 2006 and is a fully licensed facility by the State of New Jersey. It has also received the gold seal accreditation by JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations).
Benefits to using Surgical Center at Cedar Knolls, LLC
- Procedures are performed by your own physician at our center assuring you of the same quality of care to which you are accustomed.
- Simplified admitting and discharge procedures provide added convenience.
- Since you are discharged the same day, you can recover in the comfort of your own home.
- Outpatient surgery is more economical due to the absence of overhead costs associated with a typical hospital overnight stay.
- Our professional staff provides close, personal attention at all times - something a traditional in-patient hospital simply cannot do.
What is an "out-patient surgical center"?
Ambulatory surgical centers are used for performing surgery on patients who do not require hospitalization and who are not expected to require more than a total of 23 hours for preparation, the surgery itself and for recovery. General anesthesia as well as local anesthesia may be used.
Each facility must have at least one fully-equipped operating room; an area for preparing patients; x-ray equipment and clinical laboratory services and patient recovery rooms. All surgical centers must have a registered nurse and an anesthesiologist on duty at all times when patients are in the facility.
Anesthesia and Sedation
During most procedures, patients are given different types of anesthetics. These range from local anesthetics to general anesthesia. Before your procedure, you will meet your anesthesiologist (if applicable) and will be advised of your options and the risks involved. At this time, you can ask any questions that you may have regarding your anesthesia. You may be asked to sign a consent for anesthesia, if applicable.